Canada turns out to be the ideal destination for international students, offering a bulk of advantages to them that extend far beyond its borders. Among its numerous benefits, the country offers students the advantages of affordability and post-study work opportunities. Moreover, the country is committed to delivering top-tier academic excellence.
Students from different countries flock to Canada for its diverse array of career-centric courses. Canada’s education system prepares youth for the needs of the industry. Since each course is tailored to meet the demands of a dynamic job market, from graphic design and international hotel management to media and communication, health and medicine, and accounting and finance, Canadian universities excel at providing comprehensive programmes that foster skills. Furthermore, these courses offer access to profitable career opportunities and contribute to the development of influential professionals across diverse industries.
Benefits of studying in Canada:
Studying in Canada offers a diverse range of benefits for aspiring students. The list of benefits to studying in Canada is endless. However, below are some highlighted benefits for international students studying in Canada.
- Affordable Education: Due to the availability of numerous scholarships and funding opportunities, Canada is considered to be an affordable location to study. Specifically, when compared to other top destinations such as the United States and the United Kingdom, the tuition fees are much lower.
- Post-study work opportunities: Canada offers post-graduation work permits that enable graduates to acquire practical work experience and facilitate part-time employment for students during their studies.
- Quality education: Universities and institutions in Canada are renowned internationally for their exceptional academic standing and educational excellence.
- Innovative research opportunities: The universities in Canada are focused on providing students with innovative research opportunities in various fields.
- Diverse Culture: Canada is known for its multicultural environment and society, which offers an inclusive environment for students from various backgrounds.
In-demand career courses in Canada:
The courses in Canada are designed so that they provide students with assured job opportunities after graduation. Below are highlighted in-demand courses that offer students chances to explore:
Bachelor of Design in Graphic Design:
Students who earn a Bachelor of Design in Graphic Design in Canada acquire expertise in typography, branding, digital media, user experience design, and UX design through an engaging combination of theory and practical experience. In addition to providing access to industry-standard software and collaborative initiatives, these programmes frequently facilitate professional networking.
- Average salary: $50,000 to $75,000 per year
- Career prospects: interior designer, graphic designer, product designer, user experience (UX) designer, and digital media designer.
- Top universities and colleges offering a Bachelor of Design in Graphic Design:
- University of Quebec
- LaSalle College
- Thomas University
- Nova Scotia Community College
- SAIT Polytechnic, School of Hospitality and Tourism
Bachelor of International Hotel and Tourism Management:
In Canada, a Bachelor of International Hotel and Tourism Management offers a holistic curriculum that integrates tourism studies with hospitality management. The programme places particular emphasis on developing practical abilities in areas such as event coordination, hospitality operations, marketing, and sustainable tourism methodologies.
- Average salary: $80,000 to $115,000 per annum
- Career prospects: hospitality manager, operations manager, administrative assistant, restaurant manager, corporate travel manager, destination manager, and event manager.
- Top universities offering a Bachelor of International Hotel and Tourism Management:
Media and Communication:
Universities in Canada provide vibrant academic programmes that centre around critical thinking, media production, and comprehension of the ever-changing communication technology landscape. With the help of internships, media laboratories, or partnerships with businesses, students learn about topics including multimedia storytelling, cultural studies, strategic communication, and media ethics.
- Average salary: $60,000 to $110,000 per annum
- Career prospects: content writing and generation, public relations, journalism, TV correspondence, fashion photography, advertising, the film industry, and digital marketing.
- Top universities offering degrees in media and communication:
Health and Medicine:
Canadian universities provide comprehensive programmes in a wide range of health-related disciplines, including medicine, nursing, pharmacy, and public health. By emphasising research opportunities, practical clinical experience, and evidence-based practice, these programmes prepare students for careers as physicians, nurses, chemists, scientists, and public health professionals.
- Average salary: $45,000 to $85,000 per year.
- Career prospects: surgeon, massage therapist, registered nurse, dietician, optician, veterinarian, or get proficient in your field.
- Top universities offering degrees in health and medicine:
- University of Toronto
- University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC)
- McGill University
- McMaster University
- University of Alberta
Accounting and Finance:
Universities in Canada provide extensive curricula, including but not limited to auditing, financial management, accounting principles, and taxation. These programmes frequently combine theoretical and practical instruction in order to prepare students for professional credentials such as CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) and CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst).
- Average salary: $50,000 to $80,000 per year.
- Career prospects: bookkeepers, chartered accountants, financial auditors, accounting clerks, certified general accountants, tax accountants, and internal auditors.
- Top universities offering degrees in accounting and finance:
- University of Toronto
- McGill University
- University of British Colombia (UBC)
- University of Alberta
- Queen’s University
Canada’s educational landscape presents thousands of opportunities that cater to the aspirations and ambitions of students worldwide. The showcased disciplines of graphic design, international hotel management, media and communication, health and medicine, and accounting and finance epitomise the country’s commitment to providing quality education, professional growth, and industry relevance. As graduates step into the workforce equipped with specialised skills, backed by reputable institutions and vibrant academic experiences, they contribute significantly to their respective fields, establishing Canada as a beacon of educational excellence and a global hub for aspiring learners seeking a pathway to success.
Anyone who is aspiring to study abroad should contact the best foreign studies consultants in Delhi. One of the best abroad studies consultancy is IOA Global. IOA Global is considered to be the most renowned overseas studies consultants across India.