How to Score high in PTE Academic Speaking Test?
Tips and tricks to score high in PTE Academic Speaking Test
PTE Academic is the globally accepted is a new face among the Universal English proficiency tests. Recently introduced in 2009, it is for study abroad and immigration for the non-native English speakers. PTE has gained a great reputation and is accepted in many international universities and immigration purpose in different countries.
It is a three-hour computer-based test which assesses reading, writing, speaking and listening tests. It is for aspirants who aspire to study abroad for higher education. Also, who come down from countries where English is not the native language. PTE Academic test evaluates a real-life calculation of language proficiency of test takers. The score of PTE Academic is accepted for admission to quite a lot of institutions. Also, in and across the world, including countries like – Australia, New Zealand, the UK, and the USA etc. It is accepted in around 3000 institutions globally. There are various PTE Academic test cracking strategies. Time Management, Mock Tests, rigorous practicing of sample papers are some. Sample papers are given to students by the best PTE coaching centers in Delhi along with the best training they need.
At the time of the PTE Academic test, Candidates need to use a computer and a headset to listen, respond and read the questions.
Candidates typically come across real-life academic content like the candidate hears small excerpts from instructions a lecture or made to view charts and graphs the candidate hears small excerpts from instructions are also given to the candidates to understand. The candidate hears varieties of accents in the test, from British and American to non-native speakers, in order to be exposed to the type of accents that may be encountered in everyday life when the candidate is staying abroad for higher studies.
These tests are obviously practiced in the PTE coaching centers in Delhi. Mock tests are also taken so that it gets easier day by day and to understand what are the problems and difficulties that you are facing. The good news is that Candidates are open to schedule their tests in as little as 24 hours advance, and they can come for a single three hours session test and can receive the results within five days.
PTE Academic speaking test undoubtedly is assessed on two key elements that you must have in your list – ‘Fluency’ and ‘Pronunciation’. The PTE Academic Speaking Test consists of 5 sections: Answer short question, Retell Lecture, Describe Image, Repeat Sentence, Read Aloud. Unlike other PTE Academic test, the PTE academic arranges the speaking test and writing test together. It takes 77 to 93 minutes.
To keep the score better there are various tips below that you can follow while your preparation:
Like other PTE Training institutes in Delhi, we’ll advise not to focus much on content, mainly for two reasons:
You will focus away from fluency and pronunciation if you get into content.
You may lose track when you try speaking an intense piece of content.
- Always concentrate on the keywords that are used in the lecture. You must note them down on the notepad provided to you which would be erasable. Give more importance on the keywords, phrases, sentences. Use small words that sound important to you or hold all the substance of the lecture.
- You must build up your own content. Writing the answer in your own words using the keywords given in the question is the key. The more key points mentioned in the lecture you include in your answer, the more perfect score will you get.
- Try not to speak too fast. A hasty speech is impossible to understand. It is a machine who will be taking your PTE Academic speaking test. Therefore it will understand only according to the limit of its system.
- Avoid using too many types of filler (“like” or “hum”or “actually” etc). Along with that you can YouTube or download various pronunciation videos to get the desired fluency.
- You must try to impersonate native English speakers with British, American or Australian accents. Also, if you keep trying varieties of accents would help you practice and your accent would be better day by day. You need to be aware of the position of tongue, jaw, and lips while speaking each word.
- There are various materials that you can practice for your PTE Academic speaking test when you are taking PTE coaching in Delhi.
- Take help of PTE coaching center in Delhi and prepare for the scheduled test date. Well, if you are eager on taking PTE Academic speaking test, make sure you prepare well. Not knowing much it may add extra pressure, so be prepared.
Follow the next step of seeking the opinion of the best Study abroad consultants in Delhi.
IOA Global in Lajpat Nagar is one of the best PTE training institutes in Delhi which give 100 percent to the students who know and students who are not yet sure about the programs and course details. So whatever point you are in, visit us and remove your doubts at IOA Global or call us at 011-491461461 / 9654544247 / 9971403636.